Instagram has kept us hooked and it is unquestionably the most frequently used social media app for a long time. People earn a living through it, gain followers and compete for posts with the most likes.
Living in this generation, we all use Instagram daily. We all know how to operate it and work our way through it but sometimes such things happen that we can’t figure out how to fix.
If you want to retrieve a deleted Instagram post, the good news is it’s possible. You can restore a deleted post within 30 days of its deletion.
This feature is available in the updated Instagram app version so make sure that you are using the updated downloaded version of Instagram. If not, you can update it from Apple or Google Play Store.
There are a few methods to retrieve deleted Instagram posts. The simplest way is by making access to the “Recently Deleted” feature. Follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and open your profile.
- Tap on the three parallel lines appearing on the top right corner of your screen.
- Go to Settings, then click on Account followed by clicking Recently Deleted.
From here you can retrieve all the deleted content from the past thirty days.
However, there are other ways as well to get the job done, which we will discuss in this article so let’s dig right into it!
What Are The Possible Ways To Restore Deleted Instagram Posts?
The following listed ways can be used to get the job done:
- Going to Recently deleted
- Directly restore from the device
Going To Recently Deleted
Recently Deleted is more of a new feature introduced by Instagram for its users. This feature aids its users to manage their posts the way they want and erase the posts that don’t seem attractive enough.
- Make access to your profile by opening the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on the three small horizontal parallel lines appearing on the top right corner of your profile.
- You’re almost there. Tap on My Activity and select Recently Deleted.
- After the “Recently deleted” folder is open, tap twice on the option to restore to be able to restore the photo or video. You can do the same to delete.
You’re not done yet, to fully restore or delete you need to receive a one-time password sent to you by Instagram via the email address or the contact number you provide.
This is to ensure that no one has access to your privacy and personal information.
After providing the email address or phone number, wait for at least one minute to get the OTP/security code, type it in the given field and tap on Confirm.
Directly Restore From The Device
The alternative to the first step is to directly restore the deleted Instagram photos or reels from the device.
Now if you’re an Android user, the only solution is to open your photo gallery or Google Photos on your device and search for an Instagram album from where you can retrieve the Instagram deleted stuff.
For an iPhone user, there are two solutions:
- The first is the same as for an Android user, that is to find deleted content in the Instagram Album of your photo gallery.
- The second is to open the photo gallery, choose Albums and find Recently Deleted under the option Other Albums. By clicking on Recently Deleted you can successfully recover the content lost from the camera roll.
The option to directly restore posts from your device is applicable only if it hasn’t been 30 days since the delete was made.
How Can I Save My Content From Getting Deleted?
After posting on Instagram, if you are worried that you might lose your content then as a precautionary measure you can take a screenshot of the photo and save it in your gallery or Google Photos.
Moreover, it’s ideal to save the content in your Google Drive folder for being on the safer side.
However, for Instagram live and story content, you have to take the help of a third-party app.
For instance, to download Instagram stories you can use a third-party app, Storysaver.net that can be accessed through Android or iOS and Mac or PC.
- Open Storysaver.net.
- Enter your Instagram username in the given field and click Download.
- By downloading, it means that all your recent stories activity will be shown and you can decide whether to save all of them or let go of a few.
Similarly for downloading IGTV content, you can use a third-party application, Toolzu.com. Follow these steps to download the desired video:
- Go to Toolzu.com.
- Enter the URL of the video in instagram.com/p/XXXX format in the visible field.
- Click Download!
|Third-party applications||What do they do?|
|Storysaver.net||It downloads the live story content posted on Instagram.|
|toolzu.com||It downloads the live IGTV content posted on Instagram.|
Can I View Someone’s Deleted Instagram Posts?
No, you can’t, there’s no way to view deleted posts on someone else’s IG account.
Once someone deletes any content from their Instagram profile it’s gone forever and is no longer accessible to anyone.
However, there’s an exception to it. If you were tagged by the person who deleted the post from their profile, you can still have access to it.
If the content posted on someone else’s profile is very dear to you, you can ask them to send a screenshot of it so that you have a copy of the original post even if it’s deleted from their account.
How To Archive My Instagram Posts?
Archiving a post is a good option when you don’t want it to appear in your feed and at the same time you neither want to delete it.
Not only IG posts, but you can also archive your stories.
To archive a post:
- Go to Instagram and open your profile.
- Select the photo you want to archive and tap on the three dots appearing on the top right side of the selected photo.
- Tap on Archive.
To view the post that you archived:
- Go to your profile and tap on the three horizontal lines appearing at the top right corner.
- Select Archive and tap on Posts Archive.
You can return to Archive to view stories or live archives.
The main takeaways from this article are:
- If you want to retrieve a deleted Instagram post, the good news is it’s possible. You can restore a deleted post within 30 days of its deletion.
- To restore deleted posts from Instagram, you can go to Recently Deleted or restore directly from the device you’re using.
- If you are worried that you might lose your content then you can take a screenshot of the photo and save it in your gallery or Google Photos.
- Storysaver.net and toolzu.com are two third-party tools that can be used to download Instagram stories and IGTV content.
- There’s no way to view deleted posts on someone else’s IG account.
- Archiving a post is a good option when you don’t want it to appear in your feed and at the same time you neither want to delete it.