You won’t receive direct notifications if someone blocks you from viewing their Snapchat stories, but there are clear signs to watch for.
These signs include not getting story notifications, seeing “Snap Unavailable” when someone tries to send you their story, and mutual friends still being able to view their stories while you can’t.
They may have either blocked your account entirely or removed you from Snapchat. You can also ask them directly to clarify if they’ve taken such actions.
Snapchat is a widely used social media platform known for its focus on visual content. It offers users a variety of fun filters to enhance their photo-taking experience.
Snapchat also has features like sending snaps, messages that disappear, and notifications if someone takes a screenshot, which people find exciting. These features make Snapchat a popular choice.
By regularly sending snaps to friends, you can start streaks with them. If you have access to the premium version, you can even designate someone as your BFF #1, among other cool features.
Snapchat is committed to ensuring that users feel comfortable using the app and that their privacy is always protected.
Is It Possible To Block Someone From Viewing Your Snapchat Stories?
Snapchat values giving its users more control over their settings, allowing them to tailor their experience to their preferences. One of these customizable features is Story Settings. It empowers users to decide who can view their stories and who cannot.
So, yes Snapchat offers this option to block specific accounts from accessing your Snapchat stories. It’s pretty cool, isn’t it? Sometimes, we don’t want to share everything with everyone, and that’s where this feature comes in handy.
It allows you to choose only your close friends or those non-judgmental folks from your friends list to see your stories.
This feature makes sense because not everyone feels comfortable sharing everything with everyone on their friends list. There can be various reasons for wanting to limit who sees your stories.
Thus, Snapchat’s user-friendly settings provide us with the opportunity to control who views our stories. This enhances our privacy and personalization.
What Happens When You Block Someone From Your Snapchat Stories?
It’s quite common knowledge what happens when you block someone from viewing your Snapchat stories, right? Nevertheless, let’s break down what occurs when you play with your Snapchat settings and block certain individuals from seeing your stories:
- The most expected outcome is that those you’ve blocked won’t see any of the stories you upload. Your stories won’t appear in their list of available stories either.
- Sometimes, Snapchat sends notifications to users when someone from their friend list posts a new story. However, in this case, the people you’ve blocked won’t receive any notifications when you upload a story.
- If someone tries to send them your story for any reason, they won’t be able to open and view it. Instead, they’ll see a message that says “Snap Unavailable.“
However, it’s important to note that blocking someone from viewing your stories is different from blocking them entirely from your Snapchat.
In this case, they won’t be able to see your stories, but you can still exchange snaps with them, view their stories, and chat with them as usual—everything except for them seeing your stories.
Does Snapchat Alert The Person You’ve Blocked From Your Stories?
I understand that we can be hesitant to explore features in apps, often feeling uncertain about how they work. But think about this: Snapchat offers us the ability to block people from seeing our Snapchat stories. Would it make sense if Snapchat notified those we’ve blocked about it? Probably not, right?
This feature exists because Snapchat aims to give users more control over their experience. If Snapchat started notifying people you’ve blocked, it would defeat the purpose of this feature.
Plus, many users might avoid using it. So, to clarify, Snapchat does not notify individuals you’ve blocked from viewing your stories.
However, if you’re curious about how to determine if someone has blocked you from seeing their stories, continue reading this article to find out more.
Is There A Way To Tell If Someone Blocked Me From Their Snapchat Stories?
Figuring out if someone has blocked you from viewing their stories isn’t complicated at all. While there are no direct notifications, you can still make a pretty easy guess.
They Stopped Posting
This is a pretty obvious sign, especially if the person you’re discussing used to share stories regularly, and then suddenly, their stories disappeared. You stop receiving any notifications about their new story updates.
When someone stops posting stories abruptly, it’s a strong indicator that they’ve blocked you from viewing their stories.
Their Story Is Visible To A Mutual
If you have mutual friends, it could happen that you mention to one of them how you suddenly can’t see someone’s stories anymore.
Then, your mutual friend tells you that they can still view those stories. That’s when you realize you’ve been blocked from seeing those stories.
Ask A Mutual To Send You Their Story
You can simply ask a mutual friend to send you any story if it’s visible to them. This helps confirm whether something is wrong on your end or if the person has indeed blocked you from seeing their stories.
When your mutual friend sends you the story, you won’t be able to view it. Instead, you’ll see a message that says ‘Snap Unavailable.’ This is also a clear indication that you’ve been blocked.
You No Longer Have Them As Friends
If you’ve noticed that someone has stopped sharing Snapchat stories and you also realize that your messages or snaps aren’t reaching them, or they can’t see them, it becomes clear.
When you check, you might even find that you’re no longer friends with them on Snapchat. In this case, it becomes evident that since they’ve removed you from their Snapchat friends list, you won’t be able to view their stories either.
This could also happen if they’ve blocked you completely, where you’re not on their friends list, and you can’t see their stories.
Use Another Device
You can try creating a new Snapchat account and then attempt to view their story using the new account. If you can see their stories with the new account but not with the old one, it could indicate that they’ve blocked you from viewing their stories.
Ask Them Directly
If you suspect that someone has blocked you from seeing their stories, it’s okay to ask them directly. You can do this to ease your curiosity and get answers about why you haven’t been able to see their stories for a while and understand their reasons for doing so.
How To Hide Your Snapchat Stories from Others?
If you’re looking to control who sees your Snapchat stories and aren’t sure how to do it, don’t worry—it’s quite easy! Follow these steps to manage your story viewers effortlessly:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on your Bitmoji at the top left corner.
- Scroll down to locate the “My Stories” section.
- If you want to share your stories with specific people, tap on “New Private Story.” This will take you to a new page displaying your best friends and your entire friend list.
- Checkmark the names of the people you want to grant access to your stories.
- Then click “Create a Story” to proceed.
- A pop-up window will ask you to rename your story. A default name like “[Your Username]’s Private Story” is already provided. You can either keep it as is or customize it.
- Then, click “Save.”
- The next time you upload a story, you’ll notice the name of your private story along with a lock icon. This lock icon will also appear for the users on your private story.
If you wish to maintain privacy and don’t want others to know that you’ve restricted your story viewers, you can follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on your Bitmoji at the top left corner.
- Look for the “My Stories” section.
- Locate “Add to My Story.” You’ll see three horizontal dots next to it. Click on the dots.
- A menu will appear. Go to “Story Settings.”
- You’ll find three options: “Everyone,” “Friends Only,” and “Custom.” Click on “Custom.”
- Your entire friend list will appear again. Checkmark the names of the individuals you don’t want to view your stories.
- Then click ‘Block.’
- Now, when you upload your stories, only those you didn’t block will be able to see them. No lock icon will be present here.
Why Can’t I View A Friend’s Snapchat Story When They Haven’t Hidden It?
Sometimes, you might not be able to view your friend’s stories even if they haven’t intentionally blocked you. When you realize this, it can be quite puzzling.
In the table below, I’ve listed potential reasons for this issue and their respective solutions.
|Internet Issues||If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it can disrupt the normal loading of Snapchat stories, causing you not to be able to view them. It’s important to ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection when using the app.|
|App Hiccups||Snapchat, just like other apps, sometimes faces temporary glitches that can affect your ability to view stories. You have two options either wait for these issues to fix themselves, or try some simple troubleshooting steps to resolve them.|
|Account Issues||It’s not only problems with the app but also issues with your account that can impact your ability to view stories. For instance, your account might be temporarily suspended due to suspicious activities. It’s important to ensure your account is free from such issues to enjoy uninterrupted story viewing.|
|Friendship Status||At times, adding someone new to your Snapchat contacts can briefly disrupt your ability to see each other’s stories. If you notice this happening and want to view stories smoothly, you may need to refresh or re-add each other.|
|Outdated Software||Using an old version of Snapchat can cause it to not work properly, which can be frustrating. To avoid such issues while using Snapchat, always make sure you have the latest version of the app installed.|
- Snapchat is a popular visual-centric social media platform with unique features.
- You can block someone from viewing your Snapchat stories by customizing your story settings.
- When you block someone from your Snapchat stories, they won’t see your updates, and no notifications are sent.
- Snapchat doesn’t alert the person you’ve blocked from your stories.
- To tell if someone blocked you from their Snapchat stories, watch for signs like missing notifications and seeing “Snap Unavailable,” etc.
- If you can’t view a friend’s Snapchat story when they haven’t hidden it, it might be due to technical issues, network problems, or account-related issues.