To address the issue, try basic troubleshooting like signing out and back in, refreshing the page, and restarting the app. Updating the app and your device, as well as clearing cache, can also help with temporary glitches.
Ensure a stable internet connection. Also, waiting can sometimes resolve glitches and give time to Instagram’s server to normalize.
Instagram is a widely used social media app that connects people from all over the world. It offers engaging features that keep users interested in the platform, even if they’re far apart.
Features like filters, music, and templates make it convenient for users to enjoy the app. Instagram also prioritizes user privacy, making sure it stays a secure and safe platform.
Nonetheless, similar to other apps, it’s not immune to issues, and occasionally problems might arise that disrupt the user experience.
Why Aren’t My Instagram Posts Showing Up On My Profile?
Hello everyone, I’d like to share a little story with you (more like a rant lol). Normally, my schedule keeps me quite busy, and finding time to relax is a rarity.
By “relax,” I mean those moments when I can simply sit on my bed, enjoy some good food, slip into comfy pajamas, and scroll through Instagram. It’s the perfect downtime for me.
The other day, I decided to browse through my own Instagram profile. I wanted to see all the posts I had shared and reflect on whether they truly deserved their place there – a bit of lighthearted contemplation, you could say.
But something caught me off guard: certain pictures that I distinctly remembered posting were nowhere to be found. Now, you could attribute it to forgetfulness, but I’m absolutely certain I had indeed posted them.
Oddly enough, I had a vague memory of a colleague complaining about a similar issue recently, though I didn’t pay much attention to what she was saying at the time.
In situations like these, I usually turn to subreddits to see if others have encountered similar problems. And guess what? Many people have reported facing the same dilemma.
If you’re reading this, you might be in the same boat, seeking answers about why this happens and how to address it. Well, you’ve come to the right place. In the table below, I’ve outlined the potential reasons behind this issue:
|Poor Internet Connection||Typically, when individuals have shared their experiences with this issue, it’s often related to their internet connection not being strong or sometimes not even being connected to the internet.|
|Temporary Glitches||And it’s not just this situation – there have been instances when users encountered issues with Instagram because of temporary hiccups in the app. These glitches can mess with how the app works, leading to problems.|
|Server Downtime||There have been occasions as well when Instagram hasn’t been available due to ongoing maintenance or app-related problems. During such times, many of the usual functions of the app are limited. This disrupts its normal operation.|
|Outdated Software||Using an older version of the app, or in this situation, having an outdated device can lead to the app behaving strangely. It’ll not function properly, and display random problems.|
|Corrupted Cached Files||Outdated or corrupted cached files can also be responsible for this problem. These files can cause trouble for the app and make it difficult for users to use it smoothly.|
How Can I Solve The Issue Of Instagram Not Showing Posts On My Profile?
Wait It Out
In this situation, the initial suggestion is to wait for a bit before trying other solutions. Sometimes, when there’s a temporary glitch, waiting patiently can actually fix the issue without needing extra steps.
Additionally, if you discover that Instagram is currently experiencing downtime, there’s often nothing you can do but wait for the servers to return to normal.
So, waiting patiently is a simple and effortless approach that might just solve the problem.
Check Your Internet Connection
You might be aware that having no internet connection or an unreliable one can lead to not just this issue, but many other problems with your apps.
Think of the internet connection as the fuel that makes your app run smoothly. Without it, using the app becomes challenging. So, it’s a good idea to maintain a stable internet connection.
If you’re facing such problems, you can try a few things:
- Restart your router.
- Switch between Wi-Fi and cellular data, or vice versa.
- If the problem persists, it might be a good idea to reach out to your internet provider for help.
Reload The Page
In case you haven’t come across this solution yet, sometimes simply reloading the page with the error can be a quick fix. This can help when the page hasn’t fully loaded.
Thus, refreshing it clears out temporary issues. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right. This will take you to your profile page.
- Next, slide the page from the top to the bottom. You’ll notice a reloading icon.
- Once the page refreshes, your problem might be resolved. You should be able to see all your posts.
Restart The App
Another useful trick to eliminate these temporary interruptions that might mess up your app’s usual operation is restarting the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Return to your home screen.
- Swipe upwards or tap the home button (depending on your device). This will give you access to the app preview screen.
- Click on “Close All” or “Clear All” to remove all the apps from the list.
- Wait for about 30 seconds to a minute before reopening the app.
By doing this, you can potentially get rid of any short-lived glitches that might have been causing your posts to not show up properly.
Uninstall And Reinstall Instagram
Another effective way that has helped many people deal with temporary app glitches is uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. This can often provide clarity. If the problem gets resolved after reinstalling, it’s likely that temporary issues were causing some of your posts to be hidden. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go back to your home screen.
- Press and hold the Instagram icon.
- On Android, a menu will appear. On an iPhone, a cross will appear.
- Click on “Uninstall” from the menu or the cross.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking for confirmation. Click on “Uninstall” or “Delete.”
- Wait for a little while.
- Go to your Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Instagram.
- Click on “Install” or “Get” to reinstall it.
- Then, open Instagram and enter your credentials. When you check your profile page, all your posts should be visible.
Sign Out And Sign Back In
You can also fix issues with the app or your account by logging out and then logging back in. Here’s how:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right to go to your profile page.
- Next, tap on the horizontal three-lined icon at the top right of the page. This will bring up a menu.
- From the menu, go to “Settings and Privacy.”
- Scroll down and find the “Login” section.
- Under it, you’ll see “Logout [account username].”
- After logging out, restart the app and give it a moment.
- Open Instagram again.
- Enter your credentials. This should most likely restore all the pictures on your profile page
Update The App And Your Device
It’s important to realize and remember that for a smooth experience, you need to keep your device and apps updated. This is not only for Instagram but also for other apps.
A helpful practice is to regularly check for new updates and install them instantly. Here’s how you can do it:
For Updating The App:
- Go to your Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Instagram.
- Next to the uninstall button, you’ll find the update button. (If there’s an available update.)
- Click on it.
- The app will be updated and reinstalled.
- You’ll also need to re-enter your login details.
For Updating Your Device:
- Open your device settings.
- Scroll down and look for “Software Update.”
- Click on it.
- Install any available software updates.
- Your phone will restart after the update, and you’ll be good to go.
In addition to regularly updating your device and apps, it’s a good idea to clear the cache of your apps periodically. This helps ensure that your storage doesn’t get overloaded.
It also prevents the presence of old, corrupted, or unnecessary files that could disrupt how your apps work. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to your device settings.
- Navigate to “Apps.”
- Find Instagram in the list and tap on it.
- Click on “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” under the “Storage Usage” section.
By following these steps, you’ll be taking steps to keep your app running smoothly.
Contact Instagram Support
If you’ve tried all these solutions and the issue with your Instagram still persists, it might be time to get in touch with Instagram Support.
Instagram typically has a team of fast and effective support staff who can look into your problem. They will then take the needed actions to fix it.
How Do I Share A Post On Instagram?
If you’re looking for a reliable guide to post on Instagram, you’re in the right place. Follow these steps to learn how to post on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the “+” icon located at the bottom center of the screen.
- This will take you to another page.
- On this page, the lower half will display your recent gallery items, while the upper half will show your most recent selection.
- You can navigate through your gallery folders from here and choose a photo, or video. You can even select multiple items by clicking on “Select Multiple.”
- You can adjust the picture’s size and focus on the part you want to show.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on the right-facing arrow at the top right.
- Here, you can enhance your post by adding filters and music. Adjacent to the filters option, you’ll find “Edit.” Click on it to access basic editing tools.
- When you’re done, tap the right-facing arrow again at the top right.
- Add a caption, tag people, include a location, and even add music if you like. You can also choose to simultaneously post on your affiliated Facebook account or other Instagram accounts.
- Once you’re ready, click on the right-facing arrow at the top right.
- Your post will be shared.
How Can I Control Post Visibility Without Blocking Someone On Instagram?
On Instagram, you don’t have as much control over limiting post visibility as you do on Facebook. On Facebook, you can adjust the privacy settings for each post and decide who gets to see it.
However, there are three methods I’ve explained in the table below that you can use to manage post visibility on Instagram:
|Private Account||The most effective way to control who sees your posts is to switch to a private account if you haven’t already. Public accounts are visible to everyone, and there aren’t many practical ways to limit who can see your posts, except for blocking. By having a private account, you can make sure that only people you’re comfortable with can view your posts.|
|Close Friends||If there are people you’d rather not have seen your posts, you can unfollow them. This straightforward approach is an easy way to control post visibility without needing to block them.|
|Unfollow||If there are people you’d rather not have seeing your posts, you can unfollow them. This straightforward approach is an easy way to control post visibility without needing to block them.|
- Sometimes, Instagram posts might not appear on your profile, raising concerns.
- Wait patiently for the error to resolve on its own or for the server to start working again.
- Ensuring a stable internet connection is the most common fix for this issue.
- Troubleshooting steps include signing out and back in, refreshing the page, updating the app, etc.
- To create a post on Instagram, open the app and tap the “+” icon. Choose a photo or video, adjust settings, add filters and details, and then tap the right arrow to share your post.
- Users can control post visibility by switching to a private account, posting to Close Friends stories, or using the Unfollow feature.
- How To View Friend List On Snapchat? (Answered)
- Vibration Mode Not Working on Android? (Here’s How to Fix It!)
- How to View Hidden Facebook Posts? (Revealed!)
Click here to view the visual Story version of this article.