You received an email from Instagram at midnight that said, “Sorry to hear you’re having trouble logging into Instagram. We can assist you in logging back into your account immediately.” The email then provides a link that appears to be useful. But what could it possibly mean?
If you’re receiving such an email, it means that someone is trying to get access to your IG account by logging in with your credentials.
Before you panic and lose your calm, sit back and relax, as there is no need to worry. You can fix this issue by following the guidelines mentioned in this article, so make sure you keep up with me until the end.
Now, let’s get started.
What is “Sorry to Hear You’re Having Trouble Logging into Instagram,” and How to Fix it?
If you ever receive an error message that says, “Sorry to hear you’re having trouble logging into Instagram. We can help you get straight back into your account,” via your email, then it’s because someone tried to log in to your account.
As baffling as it sounds, you can actually resolve this issue without losing your guard. I would also advise you to stay aware. Never give out your personal account details to anyone, including strangers – not even the ones that you trust because you never know when their intentions change.
- Change your Instagram password at once: You want to make sure that as soon as you receive an email of this sort from Instagram, you actively participate in making your account secure in all possible ways. One of them is by changing your Instagram password.
How to change your Instagram password?
Maintain the security of your Instagram account by changing your account’s password to a safer one. Follow these steps on both Android and iOS devices to get the job done:
- Visit Instagram.
- Visit your profile by tapping on the icon in the bottom right.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the right corner of the screen.
- Go to “Security.”
- Tap on the first option: Password.
- Fill in your current password so you can form a new one.
- Tap Save or the tick on iOS and Android, respectively.
- Change the password of any applications associated with Instagram: Apps like Facebook are associated with your Instagram account if they have the same passwords. As you change your Instagram password, you want to make sure that you also change your Facebook password.
2. Enable Two-factor authentication: An important measure to keep your account safe from hackers and spammers is by enabling two-factor authentication on your Instagram account.
How to enable two-factor authentication on Instagram?
By enabling two-factor authentication to your Instagram account, you’re ensuring that any attempt to gain access to your account has failed. Follow these steps to enable it:
- In the lower right corner, click your profile icon.
- Tap on the hamburger icon in the top right corner of the profile page.
- Go to “Privacy and Security.”
- Visit Two-factor authentication and edit the two-factor authentication setting.
- Choose the suitable security method out of the three available options, and follow the guided steps.
- Ensure that you log in with a device through the login code given by two-factor authentication, and mark the device as a trusted device so that you can get into your account once using the security code.
|The three security methods||What will they do?|
|The login code will be sent to you via your WhatsApp number.|
|SMS||The login code for your account will be sent via a text message to you.|
|An authentication app||Use an Authentication app like Google Authenticator to get the login code from Instagram. Instagram recommends this method, as you can share the login code across other devices, too.|
How to Protect My Instagram Account from Hackers?
Hackers and spammers are stealers of personal accounts and information of people and organizations. They have a huge reach across the internet.
Therefore, it’s essential to keep your account information private to yourself, save your secrecy, and be aware of what’s happening around you.
To stay protected, do the following things:
- Use a strong password: Use a password with a combination of different alphabets, numbers, and other characters. Make it long and unique.
- Use two-factor authentication: I can’t put more emphasis on it, but by using two-factor authentication, you’re adding an extra shield to protect your account’s safety. Use it to make your account secure from hackers; this can make it difficult for them to penetrate through your account.
- Keep your phone number and email updated: Make sure that you connect a working email and contact number with your account so it’s easier to recover your account, even if it’s hacked.
- Enable log-in request: This feature will alert you whenever someone is trying to log in to your account from any other device.
- Be aware: If you find any shady account or content, report it immediately. If you receive a DM from Instagram, report it. Instagram never sends DMs.
How Does It Affect Your Instagram Account When Someone Logs In?
It’s an experience filled with anxiety when you realize that someone has made access to your Instagram account by logging into it. But what does that actually mean?
It means that the person who logged into your account has control over your present activity, as well as obtained information about your past activity, including your chats, posts, stories, etc.
They may even use it against you.
How Can You See Who Tried Logging into Your Instagram Account?
Is there a way I can know who logged into my Instagram account and when? Well, yes, there certainly is a verified way to know this.
Instagram can notify you about a particular device that logged into your account at a specific time. If that wasn’t you, you can confirm it to Instagram and log out of that device. To be able to see your login activity:
- Go to your profile page on Instagram after opening the app.
- In the top right corner, click the Settings gear sign.
- Tap on “See More” in the Accounts center, followed by “Password and Security.”
- View recent login activity information by tapping on “Where you’re logged in.”
- Tap on “Select Devices” to log out of a device from your Instagram account.
The following are the key ideas to remember from this article:
- If you receive an email from Instagram that says, “Sorry to hear you’re having trouble logging into Instagram. If someone says, “We can help you get right back into your account,” it most likely means that they tried to access your account.
- In this situation, it’s better to raise your guard and protect your account’s privacy.
- You want to make sure that as soon as you receive an email of this sort from Instagram, you actively participate in making your account secure in all possible ways. One of them is by changing your Instagram password.
- An important measure to keep your account safe from hackers and spammers is by enabling two-factor authentication on your Instagram account.
- Apps like Facebook are associated with your Instagram account if they have the same passwords. As you change your Instagram password, you want to make sure that you also change your Facebook password.
- While changing your Instagram account password, keep in mind that the password should be lengthy and a mix of various alphabets, numbers, and symbols that you can remember later.
- Never give out your personal account details to anyone, including strangers – not even the ones that you trust.