Sometimes it can be baffling to see the least expected things come true. It can be annoying to see how something that shouldn’t happen to you, happens otherwise. Want an example?
See, your Instagram account that is auto-following random people out of nowhere, all of a sudden. You might be confused, and concerned, and anxiety might be killing you, but don’t worry because I have your back! (wink-wink)
Since it’s more than likely that this issue is caused by unwanted access from an unethical hacker, you would want to regain access to your Instagram account by resetting your password with strong characters.
But if you’ve no idea and are still confused about how the steps proceed, or you’re still a little confused, don’t worry, we have a long way to go! Keep reading this article, and you’ll be ready to tackle this situation.
Why Is My Instagram Account Auto-Following Random Accounts?
If you suspect that your Instagram account has been acting weird, and you see people whom you never encountered in your following list, your account may be hacked by a spammer or a hacker.
Hackers are going to many places these days, and they trend almost every day for the amazing things they do.
Just kidding, if someone has hacked your Instagram account, they either might be obsessed with you or just trying to play around with you (bombastic side-eye).
Moreover, auto-following random Instagram accounts might be related to something you did in the past, and its results affecting you.
For instance, if you downloaded software or a third party to help boost your followers, it might be spamming you with auto-follows.
Or it might be due to the installation of an app through which you can view who has unfollowed you on Instagram, and now it has caused a glitch.
Any one of the above-stated reasons is surely the reason behind the suspicious auto-following of random people that is happening to you. Figure out what’s the case with you.
How Do I Stop My Instagram Account from Auto-Following Random Accounts?
It’s likely that they have already harmed your account by doing malicious activities, but you can stop it from happening further. Follow these steps to help get rid of the auto-following:
- Open the Instagram app on your laptop/mobile device.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Open the menu by tapping on the top right corner of the screen, denoted by three horizontal parallel lines.
- Scroll until you see Settings
- Go to “Account,” followed by “Following.” Slide off the option “Follow people” option.
This step would ensure that you don’t auto-follow random people from your Instagram account.
Next, you’ve to open Instagram on the web version and see the apps linked with your Instagram account, given access to open it. As you’re able to view the list, remove the suspicious ones.
Follow these steps to remove access for suspicious apps from accessing your account:
- Open the Instagram web, and visit your profile. Click on the bottom corner, “Profile” icon.
- Click on the top right corner (the hamburger icon) then go to “Settings.”
- Scroll to see “Security.”
- Click on “Apps and Websites.”
- Remove the suspicious apps that you might think are interfering with your Instagram account.
In the next round, you’ve to change your password settings to gain a firm hold on your Instagram account and prevent malicious harm from getting in your way. Follow these steps to get rid of auto-following others:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Visit your profile by tapping the bottom corner.
- Tap on the hamburger icon at the top.
- Scroll until you see “Settings.”
- Tap “Passwords.”
- Choose “Reset your Password,” and Instagram will send you an email for it.
- Open your email, and receive mail from Instagram.
- Follow the steps given by Instagram to reset your Password.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind: Choose a strong password with a combination of letters, numbers, and signs. Make it stronger by exceeding at least 16 characters, and don’t forget to enable two-factor authentication on your account to prevent unwanted access to your Instagram account.
Why Is My Instagram Following Decreasing Automatically?
It’s quite normal to see cases in which users complain their following dramatically decreases automatically, and they have no clue about it.
Here are reasons why your Instagram following is decreasing automatically:
Hassle to gain followers
People want to get more followers and reach the heights of their success on Instagram in no time.
They are not ready to give it time to grow organically, thus they try short-cut methods to gain more followers in less time.
They pay companies to get them more followers, and they are temporary. Thus, they find their following automatically decreasing too much.
The follow-unfollow race
By hearing its name, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. People tend to follow people to gain followers, and when they get their benefit, they unfollow them.
By becoming a part of this race, you might be doing unfair harm to your account, and turn off the chance of becoming successful in the long term.
Not-so appealing content
Instagram pushes content that is capable of engaging more audiences.
If in the start, your account is starting too low and your performance has remained stagnant, then it’s likely that Instagram would bring your content down.
You can fix all these problems by following the solutions in this table:
|Hassle to gain followers
|Engage people with something that you think is fruitful for them to know. Select one niche, post about it on a regular basis, and ensure to keep it precise, interesting, and real.
Value your identity, and engage with the followers you have right now. Use hashtags, and add valuable content, and you’ll see a higher jump in the number of your followers.
|Followers gained through this method are temporary, thus you’re likely to see a drop in the number of your followers.
Let your account reach huge milestones by not wasting your money on short-cut methods, and instead investing in your content to reach a bigger audience.
|Not-so appealing content
|Utilize your energy in bringing your content further up, engaging with the audience by setting up merchandise, doing giveaways, doing polls, posting regularly, etc.
The main takeaway points from this article are:
- There are a few problems associated with your Instagram account randomly following people you don’t know.
- If you’re facing this issue, either your account is hacked, you were involved in a paid follower scheme, or apps that view who unfollowed you on Instagram.
- Create a new password to regain your Instagram account access.
- Choose a strong password with a combination of letters, numbers, and signs. Make it stronger by exceeding at least 16 characters, and don’t forget to enable two-factor authentication on your account to prevent unwanted access to your Instagram account.
- If you’re facing Instagram followers automatically decreasing then there are many reasons for it, for instance, you were involved in a follow-unfollow race.
- To grow on Instagram: value your identity, and engage with the followers you have right now. Use hashtags, and add valuable content, and you’ll see a higher jump in the number of your followers.
- Let your account reach huge milestones by not wasting your money on short-cut methods, and instead investing in your content to reach a bigger audience.