And, as with any social media platform, people are eager to know how much they can earn from Facebook videos and advertisements.
However, unlike other platforms, Facebook hasn’t paid creators per view, until now. With a focus on supporting small businesses, Facebook is testing this feature to display real-time viewer responses.
Though there isn’t a set formula to calculate exact revenue, the average earnings for 1000 views on Facebook ads range from $0.5 to $10. But how do you make your content profitable? And what more can you do to earn from views generated from Facebook ads?
This article delves into the intricacies of how Facebook is opening up doors for earning online and what strategies you can use to monetize your content.
What Are Requirements For Quality For Facebook Monetization Program?
You need to adhere to the following key points for the above purpose:
- Your page should follow Facebook’s set Partner Monetization Policies that are based on copyright enforcement, community guidelines, originality, and engagement.
- Your residence should show up in one of the eligible countries on Facebook’s list. Moreover, you should be able to post content in one of the eligible languages. The list of eligible countries is expanding very fast so you can expect to find your country there soon if you haven’t yet.
- The minimum age requirement for eligibility is 18 years old.
- Your page must have achieved the following milestones in the previous sixty days:
- 30,000 1-minute views on 3-minutes or more videos or approx 180000 minutes viewed across all your videos.
- around 150000 engagements.
- You should own a separate Facebook business page where you publish posts for the public and have the support of 10000 fans.
You can review all these requirements and fulfill them to submit your page to Facebook for ads.
How Much Does Facebook Pay For Views?
Estimating the income output from Facebook ads can be pretty tough as there are many factors to take into account. Depending on these factors the pay from Facebook isn’t fixed:
- Ad impressions
- Ad CPM (cost per mile)
- The target audience for the type of ads that come up.
- Influencing factors that account for the growth of a page, that is views, likes, and comments.
|Impressions||Impressions mean the number of times content from your page or information related to your page appeared on someone’s screen.|
|CPM||CPM means how much you invested on average to get 1000 ad impressions on Facebook.|
|Target Audience||The audience you’re intending to target to view your content.|
|Views, likes, and comments||Influencing factors that account for the growth of a page.|
Facebook has changed its impression rate policy according to which impressions mean the number of times content from your page or information related to your page appeared on someone’s screen.
CPM (Cost Per Mile)
CPM stands for ‘cost per mile‘ or also known as ‘cost per thousand‘ which means how much you invested on average to get 1000 ad impressions on Facebook.
The key to having less CPM and more engagement is to target a wider audience with greater interest in your content to increase the relevance of your page with competing pages.
Therefore it’s always essential to optimize your CPM to balance the supply-to-demand ratio.
Note carefully that your CPM is quite dependent on the location of the world where you reside.
Therefore Facebook pays differently according to your location.
For instance, people residing in Southeast Asia will earn less than one dollar or equivalent for 1000 ad impressions whereas people residing in the US or Europe will be paid $5 or more for the same number of ad impressions.
(ad CPM × ad impressions) / 1000= earning in $
You can use the above formula as a means of calculating your income generation from Facebook.
For instance, if your ad CPM is $ 1.50 and ad impressions are 4000, you’ll generate $6 per 1000 ad views.
What Are The Ways To Earn From Facebook?
Now that we discussed how much Facebook pays you per 1000 ad views, we will figure out what are the possible ways to earn through Facebook videos.
Some of the popular ways are:
Build A Strong Fanbase
In order to make yourself stand out or be recognizable amongst other competitors on the same platform, you have to build a strong fanbase that supports your content and recommends it to others.
You need to identify your target audience and go on live with them and interact with them in the nicest way possible.
Paid fan subscription is an excellent way to build a stronger fan base and you can make them feel special by rewarding badges and exclusive merch or products, etc.
Use Facebook In-Stream Ads
Whenever you post a video or go on a live video, Facebook adds its paid ads at the start, in between, or at the end of the recorded video or a live one.
For broadcasting their ads via your page, Facebook pays around 55% of the money generated from these ads to you.
The most common method for earning more on any social media forum is by getting paid for sponsoring any brand.
For instance, you’re a well-known beauty guru on Facebook who posts videos about skincare, so related skincare brands might approach you to highlight their brand in one of your videos.
You’ll be paid for the sponsorship. Brand sponsorships are always the greatest things to happen as you may become a brand ambassador later, receive exciting PR packages, and earn money as well!
You can collaborate with other Facebook famous personalities or content creators that can help you gain some followers from their fanbase and help you get visible among people.
Avoid Involvement With Untrustworthy Sources
If you’re starting new, you might feel overwhelmed and want to experiment with new things for earning and getting noticed.
However, it’s very essential to make sure that you don’t engage with untrustworthy sources that offer and trap you with unrealistic traffic goals.
It’s always better to trust trustworthy sources that can help you gain organic and realistic traffic with modest pay to grow on Facebook.
The final takeaway from this article is:
- Facebook hasn’t started paying per view. It is testing out this feature to help small businesses and show responses from viewers in real time.
- While there’s no fixed way to estimate an exact amount of revenue generation, the average earnings for 1000 views on Facebook ads can range from $0.5 to $10.
- There are certain requirements that you need to fulfill before getting eligibility to run ads on your Facebook videos.
- CPM is quite dependent on the location of the world where you reside.
- Impressions mean the number of times content from your page or information related to your page appeared on someone’s screen.
- Some of the ways to earn from Facebook are:
- Famous collaborations
- Avoid involvement with untrustworthy sources
- Use Facebook In-Stream Ads.