While the native app lacks direct access, you can utilize memory functions (mr, m+, m-) or tap the calculator app on the home screen to “copy last result” and paste it into other apps like Notes; alternatively, consider using dependable third-party applications with calculator history features or employ screen recording to keep a history of your calculations.
The native calculator app is an integrated iOS calculator that comes pre-installed on all iOS devices, such as iPhones and iPads. It offers a user-friendly and direct approach, enabling users to perform both basic and scientific calculations effortlessly.
Does The iPhone Calculator Keep A Record Of Past Calculations?
I understand if you were hoping for a positive answer, but unfortunately, I have to disappoint you. iOS does not provide such an option to its users. The exact reason behind this decision is not known, but it’s been speculated that privacy concerns might have played a role.
Regardless of the reason, the absence of this feature can be seen as a drawback. Anyway, keep reading the article to discover more about the available alternative options.
How Do I Access iPhone Calculator History?
I understand the disappointment and frustration that the native calculator app lacks a calculator history feature. However, don’t worry! I have the perfect alternative solutions for you to perform efficient calculations and access a calculator history.
Utilize the memory feature
The iPhone calculator offers a memory function that allows you to keep a record of your current answers for later use or review, especially useful for long or interconnected calculations. To utilize this function, follow these steps:
- Open your calculator app and perform your calculations.
- When the answer appears and you wish to store it, turn your phone to landscape mode to reveal additional options, turning your calculator into a scientific one.
- Click on “m+” to add the answer to the calculator’s memory.
- If you want to add the new answer to the previous one stored in memory, click on “m+” again.
- To see both values added together, click on “mr” (memory recall). For example, if the first answer in memory was 10 and you clicked “m+” again to store 20, pressing “mr” will show 30 on your screen.
- Similarly, if you want to subtract the new calculation value from the previous one stored in memory, click on “m-” to do so.
By using the memory functions, you can store your answers in the calculator’s memory and use them to assist you with your calculations.
Copy Your Last Result
Another commonly utilized method among iOS users to record their calculations is available. To access this method, follow these steps:
- Go to your home screen.
- Locate the calculator app.
- Hold down on the calculator icon.
- This action will prompt the option to “Copy Last Result.”
- By selecting this option, the last result of your calculation will be copied to the clipboard.
You can then paste this result into your Notes app or any other preferred application to store your answer and maintain a history of your calculations.
Make Use Of Alternative Applications With A Record Of Past Calculations
In situations where you desire a calculator with a dedicated history section, third-party applications prove to be incredibly useful. To acquire such an app, follow these steps:
- Go to your app store.
- Search for a reliable calculator app with a history feature.
- Download and install the chosen app on your device.
- Upon opening the app, commence your calculations.
- Look for a timer-like icon present in most of these apps. This icon indicates the calculator history section.
- Tap on the timer-like icon to access all your previous calculations.
Here is a list of dependable third-party applications that offer this feature:
- All-in-one calculator.
- Calculator HD++.
- Calculator with history.
Selecting any of these applications will enable you to have access to a proper calculator history section for your convenience.
Employ A Screen Recording Function
If you prefer not to install any additional applications and stick to the native one, a clever alternative is to screen record your calculations. This way, you can always refer back to the screen recording.
Follow these steps:
- Access your control center.
- Click on the screen recording option.
- Wait for the recording to start.
- Then open your calculator app to begin your calculations.
- Once you’re done, tap on the screen recording bar at the top left of your screen.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking if you want to stop the recording. Click on “Confirm,” and the recording will be saved on your phone for you to refer to anytime you want.
By utilizing this method, you can conveniently keep a record of your calculations without the need for any additional apps.
Is There A Way To Delete Past Calculations On The iPhone Calculator?
- If you’re utilizing memory functions to access the calculator history, you can tap on “mc” (memory clear) to clear the memory.
- For third-party applications, when you click on the timer-like icon to access the calculator history, you can find the ‘Clear‘ option usually available at the bottom, which will erase the history.
- Moreover, in the screen recording method, you have the flexibility to delete the recording whenever you desire, just like copying the result to Notes or other apps where you can delete the record at any time.
What Practical Advantages Does A Calculator History Provide?
The moment you hear about the calculator history option, you can easily envision the multitude of advantages it offers, which undoubtedly excites you. The convenience it brings is quite apparent.
Below is a table listing some of the advantages of this feature, so let’s take a moment to appreciate it.
|Addressing Miscalculations||When dealing with calculations, it becomes essential to keep track of previous steps while solving the current query. Often, these calculations are interconnected, making it beneficial to maintain a record. The calculator history not only helps you keep track of your calculations but also facilitates efficient identification of any mistakes that may have occurred.|
|Immediate Recall||At times, it’s not just a single calculation but multiple calculations that are interconnected, requiring you to reference previous results. In such situations, the calculator history proves to be extremely useful, enabling you to quickly access any past result you need.|
|Efficiency||When dealing with calculations, it becomes essential to keep track of previous steps while solving the current query. Often, these calculations are interconnected, making it beneficial to maintain a record. The calculator history helps you keep track of your calculations and facilitates efficient identification of any mistakes that may have occurred.|
|Convenience||The calculator history offers great convenience since you no longer need to jot down all your calculations on paper to keep a record of them. Instead, the calculator history feature makes it effortless and convenient to manage all your calculations within a single app. This streamlines your record-keeping process and simplifies the management of previous calculations.|
|Keeping Track||When dealing with calculations, it becomes essential to keep track of previous steps while solving the current query. Often, these calculations are interconnected, making it beneficial to maintain a record. The calculator history helps you keep track of your calculations and facilitates efficient identification of any mistakes that may have occurred.|
|Assist With Complex Calculations||The calculator history proves to be a lifesaver, particularly when dealing with complex calculations involving multiple steps. This feature allows you to easily refer back to previous calculations, saving valuable time and efficiently managing your calculations without any hassle.|
- The native iPhone calculator app lacks a built-in history feature, requiring users to use alternative methods.
- Accessing calculator history can be achieved through third-party apps with history features or by screen recording calculations etc.
- Memory functions enable access to calculator history and ‘mc‘ clears the memory in the native calculator app. In contrast, third-party apps offer a ‘Clear‘ option to erase history, and screen recording or copying results to Notes allows easy deletion of records.
- Calculator history provides advantages such as error correction, quick reference for related calculations, time-saving in complex tasks, and efficient data access.