Are you sick of using Facebook on your cell phone’s mobile platform and yearning for the desktop version’s more robust capabilities and user interface?
You don’t need to look any further since we’ve got an easy-to-follow guide on how to obtain the desktop version of Facebook on your cell phone.
There are several means for enjoying the full desktop interface even when using your phone, despite the fact that mobile devices are normally routed to the mobile-optimized version of websites.
You can make use of the Facebook desktop version’s updated features and interface by following the steps provided in this article.
First, let’s look at some of the features you may enjoy while using the Facebook application, whether you prefer desktop or mobile usage:
|Explore||One may explore anything using the app, such as trending topics, popular groups, pages, etc.|
|Profile||The profile can be viewed, and things such as username, profile picture, and certain personal details can be tackled.|
|Newsfeed||The recent activities of your friends will appear on your newsfeed. Also, it will show you the content of the pages you’re following.|
|Search||Utilize the search function to find specific people, pages, groups, events, or posts on Facebook.|
Is There Any Desktop Site Existing On Mobile?
It’s true that cell phones are able to access some desktop web pages. In reality, a lot of websites are built to be adaptive, meaning they change their design and function depending on the device being utilized for viewing them.
Eliminating the requirement for an additional mobile version, websites with responsive design can be seen on desktops, laptops, and cellphones.
A website with a responsive design will alter its layout to accommodate the reduced display size whenever you access it on a mobile device.
This entails scaling pictures and text, rearrangement of components, touchscreen interaction, and navigation optimization. Customers can enjoy decent browsing despite the gadget they are employing in such a manner.
Certain websites nevertheless maintain different desktop as well as mobile variants. If this is the case, you can be sent to the mobile version of the website, which is often designed for input via touch and smaller display sizes.
What Do I Do To Have The Desktop Version Of Facebook On My Phone?
You can adhere to these instructions to access Facebook on your personal computer:
Begin with the web browser of your choice
Visit Facebook’s website
Insert the Facebook link into the search bar of your computer browser and hit enter. You will then be sent to Facebook’s standard mobile interface.
Obtain the desktop version here
You need to first ask for the desktop version of Facebook whenever you’ve been on the mobile edition of the platform. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Look for the browser menu icon at the top-right or top-left corner of the browser window, which is often depicted by three horizontal lines or dots. Look for the “Request Desktop Site” option by clicking on the menu icon.
- Alternatively, you may imitate an additional device or size of the display using the developer options in the web browser. Elsewhere on the page, simply right-click, then choose “Inspect” or “Inspect Element” from the resulting context menu. Find a device icon or an icon that lets you switch among several equipment views in the development options panel that appears. To see Facebook on a desktop computer, pick a device or display size that fits that model.
- Log in: You will see the recognizable Facebook desktop interface after the page has fully refreshed in the desktop version. If you’re not logged in to Facebook currently, do so now.
- Please be aware that even though you can access Facebook on your mobile device using this technique, the UI might not be as user-friendly as the mobile app. Additionally, some functions might not be as user-friendly for mobile browsing, so you might need to zoom in or change the settings.
Experience the desktop format
An interface with functionality and design comparable to those on a desktop or laptop computer will be shown.
What Happens To Facebook When The Desktop Mode Is Turned On?
The layout of the Facebook website will undergo modifications in order to improve the user experience on bigger displays and mouse-based activities when you activate the desktop feature or select the desktop version of Facebook on a desktop computer.
You are able to predict some of the following changes:
- The version for desktop computers frequently shows various rows of content, enabling you to view more data simultaneously. You can often see postings from your friends and sites you are following in your primary column’s news feed. Conversations, updates, suggestions for friends, and hot topics are examples of side columns.
- Facebook’s desktop application is made to make the most of the larger screens and more powerful processors found in desktop PCs. It enables an improved media experience with content in higher resolution, larger photos, and videos.
In general, the desktop version of Facebook provides a richer and more feature-rich experience while taking advantage of desktop and laptop machines.
The specifics of the desktop version may vary when Facebook releases updates and new features, so it’s important to keep this in mind. Facebook’s user interface may change over time.
In this article, we discussed:
- You may use Facebook’s desktop version on mobile devices and take advantage of its modernized capabilities and user experience by following the directions in this article.
- Facebook has a number of characteristics that are suited to your surfing requirements, regardless of whether you enjoy the desktop or mobile version.
- Facebook offers a flexible interface on both sites, with options for investigating current events and prominent groups as well as maintaining your profile and perusing the newsfeed.
- Many websites, including Facebook, feature responsive layouts that adjust to various devices, even though mobile devices are often led to smartphone-optimized editions of websites.
- Facebook will display the computer-designed experience once you ask for the desktop version, giving you a familiar layout and more features.
- The Facebook desktop app has a number of benefits, but it’s crucial to remember that as new features and improvements are added, Facebook’s user interface may change.
- To obtain the desktop version of Facebook on your phone, go to Facebook on any web browser and look for the browser menu icon at the top-right or top-left corner of the browser window, which is often depicted by three horizontal lines or dots. Look for the “Request Desktop Site” option by clicking on the menu icon.