No! Instagram doesn’t have a built-in method, and there’s no other way available for you to discover the exact names of those who saved your videos.
Instagram is a widely used social media platform enjoyed by millions worldwide. It’s a place where people can connect and spend time together in a safe environment, with creators making sure user privacy is maintained.
Its engaging features keep users captivated, fostering a strong community. The platform’s focus on visual content provides a visually pleasing experience.
Does Instagram Allow Users To Know Who Saved Their Videos?
I believe most of us are familiar with the “Save” feature that Instagram offers on its platform. This feature is also available on Facebook. So, it’s safe to assume we all know about it.
For me, it’s become a regular part of my routine. Whenever I find a moment in my oh-so-busy life, I love scrolling through Instagram. During this scrolling time, I end up saving many reels for various reasons – like sharing them later, reviewing them, or simply because they’re incredible and I can’t resist saving them.
Now, considering many of us have the habit of saving Instagram videos for different purposes, have you ever wondered if the person whose video you’re saving receives a notification? It’s an odd thought, isn’t it?
Even though I have good intentions and I’m sure others do too, the idea of them getting a notification feels a bit uncomfortable. My mind starts imagining how they might perceive it, and it’s a little awkward to think about.
Lately, I’ve been pondering this notification aspect so much that I couldn’t stop thinking about it. That’s how I ended up researching this topic to find some answers. And now, I’m writing this article lol.
If you’re reading this, chances are we’re in the same boat, even though our reasons for wanting to know whether it’s possible to find out who saved a video might differ. For me, it’s just a weird concept, but for you, you might be a public figure benefiting from the saves and wanting to express gratitude by knowing who’s saving your content. Regardless of why you’re here, I’m glad to help. Now, let’s get to the point.
Whether there’s a system in place that triggers and notifies creators about video saves or some other way Instagram communicates this, the answer is no. There’s no way for someone to see the exact names of those who saved their videos. They can only see the total number of saves but not the individual names.
Instagram doesn’t explicitly state why this information isn’t disclosed. However, it’s clear that Instagram highly values user privacy and doesn’t want to compromise it in any way. This is one of the many measures Instagram has taken to make its users feel comfortable.
It makes sense because even though the video creators might have good intentions to know, not every person who saves their videos would be okay with them knowing about it.
Are There Alternative Methods To Determine Who Saved Your Instagram Videos?
This section is specifically for those who are really curious about discovering who saved their Instagram videos, as well as for those who may still be dissatisfied with the fact that Instagram doesn’t notify about saves.
However, the answer remains a firm no. There’s truly no other method for anyone to learn who saved their videos on Instagram.
The only way you could possibly find out is if the person who saved your video willingly informs you. This might be a friend, a fan, or someone who featured your content on their story and encouraged others to save it (In these cases, there’s a chance they might have saved your videos as well). Other than that, there’s no alternative option available, and I strongly advise against considering third-party applications for this purpose.
While such apps can be helpful for various things, they’re not capable of reliably revealing who saved your videos. Some apps might track your account activity, including the number of shares, but that’s as far as they go.
Therefore, if you come across any third-party app claiming to provide you with the exact names of those who saved your videos, please be cautious. These apps aren’t trustworthy and might even compromise your account’s privacy.
How Can You View The Number of Saves On Your Instagram Videos?
Typically, people who have public accounts are the ones interested in checking their insights and keeping track of their engagement. However, if you want to know how to find out how many people saved your videos, just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Make sure your account is set to public. If it’s not, you might need to switch it to public mode.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner. This will take you to your profile page.
- Pick any video whose number of saves you want to know.
- At the bottom of the video, you’ll see a message that says “View Insights.” Click on that.
- You’ll now have access to various details about your account activity, including the number of saves. This number will be shown right below the bookmark icon (representing the number of saves.)
- If you scroll down, you’ll come across a section called “Content Interactions.” There, you’ll find the word “Shares” along with the corresponding number of saves mentioned right next to it.
Alternatively, you can also reach this information by:
- Go to your profile page.
- Tap on the horizontal three-lined icon at the top right.
- From the menu that appears, select “Insights.” You’ll be able to see the number of saves there as well.
What Exactly Are Saved Videos On Instagram And How Do Creators Benefit From Them?
Saved videos are essentially videos you store in your collection for different purposes. When you save a video, it goes into your saved collection, making it easily accessible whenever you want to watch it again. This feature is really handy, especially for videos you might want to revisit later or draw inspiration from when the need arises.
This save option holds particular significance for content creators. The number of saves their videos receive directly impacts their account engagement. If this engagement increases, it can lead to opportunities like monetizing their accounts and gaining more visibility.
How Do You Save A Video To Your Collection On Instagram?
Saving a video on Instagram is a straightforward process. Here’s a simple guide to follow:
- Open Instagram.
- Start scrolling.
- When you come across a video you want to save, you’ll find a bookmark icon at the bottom right of the post. This is different from the like, comment, and share icons, which are located at the bottom left of the post.
- Click on the bookmark icon, and it will change color, either black or white, based on your Instagram theme (dark or light mode).
- A menu will pop up, asking if you want to save the video to a specific collection, like a folder you might have created, such as “Favorites” or “Private,” etc.
- Choose the appropriate collection, and a message will appear at the bottom of your screen, confirming that the video has been saved to your collection.
To access your saved collections, follow these steps:
- On Instagram.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom right to open your profile page.
- Next, click on the horizontal three-lined icon located at the top right corner. This will open a menu.
- In the menu, you’ll see a bookmark icon with “Saved” written next to it. Click on this icon.
- You’ll now see various collections organized into folders (if you’ve created any).
- Click on the collection you want, and all the saved posts within that category will be available for you to view.
How Can You Prevent People from Saving Your Videos On Instagram?
Although Instagram doesn’t offer a direct method to completely remove the share option for both private and public accounts, you can follow these cautious steps to make it harder for others to save your content:
|Private Account||Firstly, if you have a public account and you’re concerned about people saving your content, consider switching to a private account. This way, you’ll have control over who follows you, ensuring that only people you trust can access your content on your private account.|
|Share As Stories||You also have the option to share your content as “Close Friends” on your Stories. This way, you can limit your audience to only the people you trust the most, allowing them to view the content you choose to share on your Stories.|
|Add Watermarks||Another approach is to include watermarks or branding elements in your videos. This means that even if someone saves your content, it becomes difficult for them to share it on other platforms without your permission.|
|Block||If you find out, perhaps through a friend or someone else, that despite your clear request, someone keeps saving your content without your permission, you have the option to remove or even block them.|
Remember, though, that these steps won’t entirely eliminate the possibility of your videos being saved; they’ll only reduce the likelihood. If you’re truly concerned, you might consider refraining from posting altogether, or if you do post, keep private or sensitive information to yourself and stay mindful of what you share.
- Instagram doesn’t provide a way to identify who saved your videos and there are no alternative methods to pinpoint the exact names of video savers too.
- You can only check the total saves on your videos by going through insights into your account activity.
- Saved videos are those that are saved to your collection and creators benefit from increased video saves, enhancing engagement and leading to potential monetization.
- Saving videos is easy – tap the bookmark icon at a video’s bottom right.
- While there’s no direct method, some cautious steps like switching to a private account, posting a story on close friends instead, adding watermarks, etc. may reduce the chances.
- Vibration Mode Not Working on Android? (Here’s How to Fix It!)
- How to View Hidden Facebook Posts? (Revealed!)
- How to Lock Icons on Android (All About It)
Click here to view the visual Story version of this article.