Language is so important, isn’t it? Imagine a world without words. You would not be reading this article then, that’s for sure.
Language does not necessarily means proper words. We know from history that language can be anything, words or pictures. The main thing is understanding.
There were times when people use to communicate with pictorial representation. After a lot of time, now the philologist has figured out most part of that language but a big part of it is still a mystery.
I am not saying that the young generation or social media is like the old times but if we think about it, maybe there will be times when people after many many years will read the post on Instagram or Facebook and will wonder what were we talking about now.
I hope this article is going to help the readers today and after several years too.
Words like XoXo, SFS, Lols, TTYL, and others are so common nowadays that while chatting or scrolling down our social media, we give no time in thinking about what these words mean as we are familiar with them already.
This article is going to focus on one of those words that are common on social media and for a reason. Let’s see what SFS means and everything related to it.
What does SFS mean?
SFS means Shout-out for Shout-out or Spam for Spam.
For Snapchat, SFS means something else but the purpose is the same, increasing the reach. In Snapchat SFS means, Snap For Snap.
Shout-out for Shout-out really means that you give me or my account a shout-out on your account and I will give you and your account a Shout-out on my account. This eye for an eye and ear for an ear method can do wonders for increasing the reach of businesses and influencers.
Imagine you have started blogging and influencing through Instagram and a very well-known celebrity or an influencer reposts your post on their account or else shares your account details on their story.
More people will visit your account. People, who find your interests matching with theirs will start following you. That’s how businesses grow. This is how people are made!
Does SFS really work on Instagram?
In growing your brand or yourself on Instagram, it is important to know your target and potential audience. After identifying your audience, a proper strategy must be made.
The main part of that strategy is to increase your reach. We have learned with time that increasing engagements or reach are not that difficult only if you are following the right path.
And shout-outs from the right people can do wonders for your existence on Instagram but make sure that if people visit your page, they find something worth coming to again.
Shout-out alone can do nothing if your account itself is not grabbing attention. In this case, people will come to see what you have on your account and will leave disappointed.
Make sure to build your account with quality content. So, that strategies like these will not go down the drain.
Does SFS work for every social media platform?
Yes, it does but not as much as it’s useful for Instagram and Snapchat.
If you think about it, Instagram and Snapchat are beauty-centric and glamour oriented. People come to these social media platforms to see everything they are watching everywhere else but in a glamorous manner.
As much as this way of engagement is popular on Instagram, it is not popular anywhere else.
Below is some best time to post anything on your social media account for better reach.
|Social Media Platforms||Timing to post anything|
|(Thursday and Wednesday) in between 1 pm and 3 pm|
|(Tuesday and Friday ) in between 7 am to 8 am and 5 pm to 6 pm|
|weekends between 12 pm to 6 pm|
How to give a reply to SFS?
There is not much that needs to be done if you want to give a reply to someone’s SFS. All you have to do is, share their user ID or profile link on your social media story.
If any of the followers or friends of that account holder have the same interests, they will share their account link too, follow that account or add the person as a friend.
It is used for increasing followers and reaches in your social profile. It can be very helpful to reach the target market in a very short phase of time.
Let’s watch the below-shared video for more information.
Other Ways of Organic Reach on Social Media
There are many unique and genuine ways to reach organic social media. Facebook is one of the most common platforms for reaching.
Organic reach is important to analyze your business strength if you are running a small business. There are some ways that will be helpful for increasing your organic reach.
- Check where is your target market. So that you can easily focus on it with being present on multiple platforms.
- You can optimize your profile by the recent trends. You can use brand logo short URLs for better search.
- Most of the important part is timing, if you are posting something in slow hours your post will be circulated to all the profiles but if you will post anything in peak hours there is a slight chance that your post can be unreached by your follower or target market.
- Always check your insight for better reach. With this feature, you can easily check the post which is mostly liked or viewed by people.
- If you are a small business use your profile link in your business cards, emails, and website it will help you to reach out to organic followers.
- Social media is a hub of people and brands. Even though these platforms were initially designed to bring the community together for friendship, it is now more than that.
- Businesses that are seeking benefits in the real world are dependent on social media for lead generation. And to generate leads, reach, and engagements will surely be given more attention.
- If you are a new and small business in the market or running a page on social media platforms. Shoutout can help you reach your desired market and can increase your followers on time without any paid marketing.
- Shout-outs are amazing for increasing reach organically.
- Organically increased followers last longer and are loyal to the brand.
- How Many People Can You Follow On Instagram?
- How To See Deleted Instagram Photos (Discover)
- Can you see who viewed your Facebook video (for better reach)?
Click here to view the visual Story version of this article.