- Open the Facebook app and click on the horizontal three-lined icon.
- Scroll to “Settings & Privacy” and go to “Settings.”
- Click on “Activity Log” under “Your Activity.”
- Find “Logged Actions and Other Activity” and select “Hidden from Profile” to view hidden posts.
Facebook has surpassed its original intent of connecting individuals and has transformed into a versatile platform that encapsulates the intricacies of human interaction, the exchange of information, and the power of digital influence. It functions as a digital representation of our diverse global society, offering a virtual community where friends, family, and even strangers can come together.
Facebook places a strong emphasis on privacy and takes great care to ensure the protection of its users’ personal information. It offers a range of options that allow users to customize their privacy settings based on their preferences, enabling them to maintain varying levels of privacy.
In this article, you will discover an essential privacy measure implemented by Facebook as well as the company’s dedication to aligning with human cognition. Furthermore, we will explore how most of Facebook’s features can be easily reversed, providing users with flexibility and control.
What Are Hidden Posts?
Social media platforms like Facebook reflect this dynamic by allowing users to hide the posts they share publicly or with only friends and followers. Sometimes, we may post something like a picture or a funny meme, only to later decide to hide it due to negative comments or a change in perspective.
Hidden posts refer to those that have been concealed or taken off from your profile’s timeline, making them unviewable to others when they visit your profile page.
However, it is crucial to note that these hidden posts are not permanently erased from your timeline or completely eliminated from Facebook. They can still be accessed through direct links, search results, or if the post was tagged or shared by someone.
I don’t think I need to explain the significance and advantages of this feature since they are evident.
NOTE: It is essential to understand that hiding a post differs significantly from deleting it, as hidden posts can be restored to your timeline, whereas deleted posts cannot be recovered.
How To Hide Posts On Facebook?
Hiding a post is a straightforward process and does not involve any complexity. Once you have determined that you no longer want a particular post to be visible on your timeline, follow these simple steps to hide it:
- Select the specific post that you wish to hide.
- Click on the horizontal three-dotted icon positioned at the top right corner of the post.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, you will find the option labeled “Hide from Timeline.“
- Click on the “Hide from Timeline” option to conceal your post.
By adhering to these straightforward steps, you can effortlessly conceal the chosen post from your timeline, guaranteeing that your preferences are met and undesired content is prevented from lingering.
How To Access Hidden Posts?
Let’s delve into the main section of our article, where we address the eagerly anticipated question of how to view hidden posts. There are two primary reasons why you might want to view hidden posts:
- To unhide a specific post
- To review the posts you have hidden in order to refresh your memory
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to view hidden posts:
- Open the Facebook app and click on the horizontal, three-lined icon.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings & Privacy,” and then proceed to “Settings.” Alternatively, you can access settings directly from the settings icon at the top right.
- Scroll down further and click on “Activity Log” under the “Your Activity” section.
- Once in the Activity Log, scroll down again and locate “Logged Actions and Other Activity.” Click on it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Hidden from Profile” to view your hidden posts.
While this method provides a detailed approach, there is also a shortcut available.
- Simply open the Facebook app and go to your timeline.
- Click on the horizontal, three-dotted icon situated at the top right.
- Then navigate to “Activity Log.”
- Scroll down until you find “Logged Actions and Other Activity.”
- Within that section, you’ll find “Hidden from Profile” to view all your hidden posts.
You can either leave it at that or, if you wish to unhide a post, then:
- Click on the horizontal three-dotted icon to the right of the post you want to unhide.
- From there, select the eye icon that says “Add to Profile.“
What Are The Reasons To Unhide A Post?
|Change Of Perspective||Occasionally, individuals may undergo a shift in their viewpoint or reconsider the reasons behind hiding a particular post, ultimately prompting them to unhide it. As humans, our thoughts and perspectives are dynamic, subject to constant evolution and alteration—sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.|
|Authenticity||At times, the primary motivation behind hiding a post is rooted in feelings of embarrassment or excessive concern about others’ opinions. This can create an internal sense of inauthenticity, as if you’re not truly being yourself. However, as you gradually gain acceptance and the courage to disregard external judgments, you may reach a point where you no longer want to hide that post. Instead, you embrace the desire to be true to yourself and unhide the post, regardless of what others might think.|
|Sentimental Value||Some posts, be they pictures or anything else, may hold a profound and cherished memory that you initially chose to hide for certain reasons. However, there may come a moment when you suddenly recall that specific post and feel a wave of nostalgia wash over you. In that instance, you revisit your hidden posts and encounter that particular memory, and the flood of emotions compels you to make the decision to un-hide it.|
|Relevance||On occasion, there are posts that you initially didn’t feel a connection to and simply shared on your timeline for the sake of it, leading you to hide them. However, as time goes by and you gain more experiences, you may find yourself starting to relate to that particular post. The change in perspective and personal goals might ignite a desire to bring it back and share it once again.|
|Positive Feedback||Following the act of hiding a post, suppose you shared information about the hidden post with a friend, or someone noticed its absence from your timeline and inquired about it. They express their admiration and positive feedback for that particular post, disregarding your initial intent to hide it. In light of the favorable feedback and the realization that others appreciate the post, you may reconsider your decision and ultimately choose to unhide it.|
To Sum Up
- Facebook is a multifaceted platform that connects people and allows for various forms of content sharing. It prioritizes privacy and provides users with options to control their privacy settings.
- Hidden posts are removed from your profile’s timeline but remain accessible through direct links, search results, or if someone has shared or interacted with the post.
- Locate the specific post you want to hide and click on “Hide from Timeline.”
- To view a hidden post, go to settings, click on “activity log“, and select the hidden profile under “Logged Action and Other Activity.“
- Reasons for unhiding posts:
- Change of perspective or mindset
- Embracing transparency and authenticity on one’s profile
- Sentimental value or nostalgia attached to the post
- Positive feedback or comments were received after hiding the post