If you’re procrastinating or just killing time, what could be a better place than just being on social media apps and scrolling through the newsfeed?
Facebook is one such social media app that aims to ‘bring’ people together and ‘connect’ them. It’s available on everyone’s mobile phones, and nowadays it’s my favorite place to be.
You know Instagram is cool but Facebook meme content is terrific! We all have been using Facebook for a long time but still, there are ‘hidden’ features that we don’t know about.
For instance, the hidden followers on Facebook. It might not be in your knowledge that there’s a feature that helps you to know who’s following you other than your friends.
To find hidden followers on Android/iOS, open Facebook> go to your ‘Profile’ > tap on the list below your profile icon> click the ‘Friends’ option and tap on ‘More’ to see the ‘Followers’ option.
Is it the only way? How can someone be my hidden follower? If that’s what you’re thinking so relax, sit back, and keep reading this article because we have everything sorted out for you! Let’s begin.
Who Are Hidden Followers On Facebook?
Just as spooky as it sounds, hidden followers on your Facebook profile are those people who are following you without your permission and they’re under a cover with this identity.
People who haven’t sent you a friend request, are not on your friend list, blocked profiles, or deactivated accounts or hackers can be your hidden followers. But don’t worry it doesn’t happen too often.
Although there are accounts that you decline to be friends with, they get to be present in your followers list.
As for the hidden followers, they follow you without you knowing about it and they’re not even on your friends list!
Well, it’s not possible to be 100% accurate while detecting a hidden follower’s identity, some methods can be trusted to reveal a few identities.
Read below as in the upcoming step, there’s a detailed answer to your question.
How to Find Hidden Followers on Facebook?
It’s good that you’ve taken a step to determine and test if you can see who your hidden followers are.
Check Your Settings
The simplest method is by visiting the Facebook app and following these steps:
For an Android/iOS user:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone to your logged-in account or log in if you’re not.
- Tap on the three horizontal parallel lines aka ‘hamburger’ icon at the upper right corner.
- Tap on your Profile. As you come to your profile, scroll down to the ‘Followed by’ option in the personal details list.
For PC/laptop users:
- Go to Facebook Web.
- Login to your account.
- As your homepage opens, click on your profile. After opening your profile, click on the option ‘Friends’
- Underneath ‘Friends’ you can see the followers option. Click on it.
Looking For Mutual Friends
A mutual friend is a person who is the friend of two people who may or may not know each other.
You can visit a suspected profile and check if you have mutual friends. If yes, they might be secretly following you. Although, this is a very unreliable method.
Use Third-Party Apps
There are third-party apps online that allow you to check your hidden followers, however, many out there are just scams.
Though it’s unrecommended if the above methods have worked out for you, if you’re looking for another source, third-party apps might be an option for you.
For this purpose, third-party apps should be used with an awareness of personal security and precautions.
|Method to detect hidden followers
|Go to Facebook
|For mobile phone users, open your logged-in Facebook account> Tap on the ‘hamburger’ icon at the upper right corner> Tap on your Profile > and scroll down to the ‘Followed by’ option in the personal details list.
|Looking for mutual friends
|You can visit a suspected profile and check if you have mutual friends. If yes, they might be secretly following you. Although, this is a very unreliable method.
|Using third-party apps
|Though it’s unrecommended if the above methods have worked out for you, if you’re looking for another source, third-party apps might be an option for you.
How to Manage Who Follows You on Facebook?
Now that you’ve learned that your account can be followed by people who don’t even exist in your friend list, it’s never too late to modify the ‘Who follows you’ list on Facebook.
On Facebook Mobile Version:
- Tap on the Facebook app.
- Login with your account details, if you’re logged out, click on your profile icon with three lines in the top right corner.
- As the Menu list opens, tap on ‘Settings and Privacy’ followed by ‘Settings’ only.
- Go to ‘Profile Settings’ to tap on ‘Public posts.’
- As you reach there, select if you want to allow the ‘Public’ including strangers to see your posts or restrict them to only your ‘friends.’
For Facebook PC version:
- Go to Facebook web, and fill in your account details to log in.
- Click on the profile icon that appears in the upper right corner. Click ‘Settings and Privacy’ followed by ‘Settings’Click on ‘Privacy’ > click on ‘Public posts.’
- Decide whether you want the public to see your posts or only your friends. After deciding, select the desired option and confirm it.
Once you set the ‘Who can follow me’ option to your satisfaction, you know what’s happening around and you’re keeping your profile secure.
If you restrict your posts to be seen by only your friends, no stranger can have access to it. Note that, you can also select ‘Who can view your timeline’ if you scroll down to see under ‘Public posts.’
You can make changes here too by restricting it to yourself, and your friends or allowing everyone to see it.
- You should keep in the knowledge that Facebook allows some of your ‘hidden’ followers to see your posts and activities.
- Hidden followers aren’t those who are friends with you but rather those who spy on you.
- While it’s not possible to be 100% accurate while detecting a hidden follower’s identity, some methods can be trusted to reveal a few identities.
- To find hidden followers on Android/iOS, open Facebook> go to your ‘Profile’ > tap on the list below your profile icon> click the ‘Friends’ option and tap on ‘More’ to see the ‘Followers’ option.
- Looking for mutual friends and using third-party apps are other ways to get the job done.
- To control who follows you on Facebook, open your logged-in Facebook account>tap on ‘Settings and Privacy’ > ‘Settings’> Go to ‘Profile Settings’ to tap on ‘Public posts’ and select ‘Public’ or only your ‘friends.’
- You can also make changes in ‘Who sees your timeline’ under the same list.